New — DataSpaces 1.8.0 released!
1.8.0 Released May 2019
- Added new metadata support API calls (see header file for usage.)
- Various bug fixes and performance improvements for InfiniBand transport.
1.7.2 Released September 2018
- Added lock type 3
- Various bug-fixes.
1.7.0 Released July 2018
- Added DataSpaces-as-a-Service (DSaaS) functionality.
- Added shared-memory based communication for collocated peers.
- Various performance improvements and bug-fixes.
- Deprecated and removed DCMF, Portals, and PAMI transport methods.
1.6.2 Released June 2017
- Added support for Cray Dynamic RDMA Credentials (DRC)
- Supports Aries on Cray XC40 systems.
- Necessary for NERSC’s Cori machine: use –enable-drc with configure
- Improved support for IBM XL compiler
- Minor bug fixes
1.6.1 Released June 2016
- Added network support: Aries for Cray XC30.
- Updated support for automake-1.12 and above.
- Fixed minor bugs.
1.6.0 Released July 2015
- Added network support: socket for TCP/IP.
- Added feature: new data deleting API for removing data identified by version, from the staging area.
- Fixed minor bugs.
1.5.0 Released January 2015
- Version checking for client/server compatibility.
- Support for DIMES on InfiniBand.
- A new set of examples.
1.4.0 Released June 2014
- Added network support: PAMI for IBM BlueGene/Q
- Support for 64bit dimension sizes
- Support for more than three dimensions
1.3.0 Released December 2013
- Optimized memory usage on server side for Gemini to overcome low RDMA memory constrains
- Distributed client’s registration process, changed file locking mechanism on IB to reduce boot-up time
- Parallelized DIMES get operation to improve data transfer performance
- Unified interface for coupled writer/reader testing applications in C and Fortran
1.2.0 Released May 2013
- Added network support: DCMF for IBM BlueGene/P
- Added feature: new data coupling APIs that allow point-to-point data transfers directly between tightly coupled processes by bypassing staging servers
- Added coupled writer/reader testing applications in C
- Single codebase for all supported networks
1.1.0 Released November 2012
- Added network support: Infiniband
- Added support for sub-group lock/unlock using application defined MPI communicator
1.0.0 Released July 2012
- Network support: Portals for Cray XT series, Gemini for Cray XE/XK series